BC Green Roof is devoted to keep Green Roofs, as green as we can.
We strive to eliminating the tremendous carbon footprint associated with shipping plants from far, that are not even adapted to local conditions.
We devote part of our energy to growing plant material on Vancouver Island for green roof applications, using our extensive horticulture background
Sourcing the right plant material locally means a lot:
- Reduces shipping time and costs
- Reduces Carbon Emissions due to long distant shipping. Some other suppliers obtain their material as far away as the USA
- The plant material we grow is suitable for Vancouver Island's climate as plants have been on the island for over 8 years; they are grown without chemical fertilizers and are already acclimatized.
- You can visit the nursery where plants are grown, and familiarize yourself with the different plant options.
As a builder or designer you can specify - and use - plant material you ore your customer can see developing at our nursery fields. You will be educated on the materials and their differences and your client will have the comfort of knowing what the product looks like and how it will perform locally.
It is even possible, to visit our nursery and take the plant materials you want directly from our fields, especially for smaller projects.
Standard plant material in stock:
- Green roof modules grown in 4"+ of growing medium. We have 5,000 square feet ready to go on short notice, on average.
- Green Roof Sedum mats. We have 20,000 square feet to 30,000 square feet available at any time.
- Plant plugs, well rooted and in a variety of plants. We stock about 100,000 plugs.
- Individual plants in pots . We typically have 15,000 to 25,000 plants at a time.
We can custom grow to your specifications too, depending on the project.